To be a leading institution that integrates teaching and learning through research and technology to empower citizens and alleviate poverty.
The mission of the College is to help prepare outstanding educators, scholars, and researchers, and to advance the profession of education, as broadly defined, through research on the science and art of teaching and learning, the effective uses of technology, and the analysis and development of leadership and educational policy.
- To produce educational professionals recognized for the quality and significance of their teaching, research, scholarship, service, outreach, and leadership.
- Provide widely recognized leadership in the improvement of teaching, learning, and the assessment of educational outcomes across the life span through research, scholarship, and technology.
- Enhance the commitment of faculty, staff, and students to the centrality of diversity, social justice, and democratic citizenship.
- Provide leadership in the development of collaborative, professional relationships with schools, organizations, and other institutions focused on the improvement of education in schools, communities, and workplace settings.
- Sustain a caring, supportive climate throughout the College.
- Enhance the effective and efficient management of the College.